Re: Email in emacs

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Email in emacs
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:50:22 -0700

Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1@gmail.com> writes:

> I am debating between mutt and a an email tool within emacs. Goal is
> eventuall sync it with my gmail account and will be using it to
> send/recieve attachments and for user groups.
>
> Any suggestions?

I use MH-E (Emacs interface to MH, or Mail Handler) to read/send mail,
fetchmail to use POP/IMAP to fetch the mail from my mail server,
procmail to file or junk the messages (with the help of bogofilter),
and Gnus (within Emacs) to read news. I treat some of the mailing
lists I'm on as news and read them with Gnus as well.

http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/
http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/