RE: set-frame-position - is it a bug?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: set-frame-position - is it a bug?
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:39:16 -0700

    the intention of the following code
      (setq fpx (cdr (assoc 'left (frame-parameters))))
      (setq fpy (cdr (assoc 'top  (frame-parameters))))
      (setq fpx (+ 1 fpx))
      (set-frame-position (next-frame) fpx fpy)
    is to move the frame honizontally 1 pixel right;
    but as a side-effect I get a vertical move as well.
    Is there something wrong with my code?

The code looks OK to me.

Is your menu-bar (or tool-bar) wider than your frame, so that it wraps
around? That will cause the behavior you describe.

Actually, now that I think of it, we should probably consider this an Emacs
bug, so I'm cc'ing the emacs-devel list. Thanks for bringing this up - I've
been aware of it for a long time, but it never occurred to me to file a bug.

Bug: If menu-bar is wider than frame, so it wraps, then set-frame-position
gets it wrong, in the manner described above.