can I batch select buffers in buffer menu mode?

From: usman
Subject: can I batch select buffers in buffer menu mode?
Date: 18 Jul 2005 10:07:43 -0700

I often have many buffers open at the same time; when
I want to clean stuff up I hit 'C-x b', manually mark
ones I don't want around anymore, then hit 'x' to
delete them.

Is there a way I can specify a pattern and mark all
matching buffers for deletion? For instance, it'd be
great if I could say "M-x mark-matching ~/src/2.2/*.cpp"
to mark all buffers visiting files in that dir for
removal.

Thanks for any pointers, examples, etc.
-usman