Re: byte-compile / cl package / warnings

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: byte-compile / cl package / warnings
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:55:20 +0200

David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I often get warnings like
>
> "Function `set-difference' from cl package
>      called at runtime"
>
> when byte-compiling stuff.
>
> Isn't it safe to call stuff from the cl package from byte-compiled code?
> I looked into the byte-compile source, and I found that the cl
> package documentation says that it's safe to require 'cl.
>
> So why do I get this warning, and do I need to react?

Yes:
1- send an email to rms@gnu.org complaining about this.
2- edit the sources of emacs to remove this warning.
3- send in a patch.

When RMS will have recevied 10,000 identical patches from 10,000
different complaining users, perhaps he'll include it.

Nobody can fix the economy.  Nobody can be trusted with their finger
on the button.  Nobody's perfect.  VOTE FOR NOBODY.