Re: Does anyone use menus?

From: Steinar Børmer
Subject: Re: Does anyone use menus?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:40:52 +0200

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

| Dmitriy <darqin@rambler.ru> wrote on Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:57:32 +0400:
|
| > How often do the people use menus, or commands are enough to make
| > one happy?
|
| I think People either use menus continually, or not at all.  I doubt
| there're many who use them occasionally.

I certainly do, for those commands that I use infrequently (once a month
or even less).  I usually don't remember the key bindings, and if the
name isn't very intuitive, I go to the menu instead of using apropos or
the likes.  The menus also give a clear overview of which commands
exist, thereby helping the learning process.

--
SB

When in doubt, use brute force.
                -- Ken Thompson