Re: Point to Pixel

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Point to Pixel
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:50:48 -0400

> I wanted this feature and couldn't find it... all I found were posts in
> lists also asking for the feature, with people denying it could be done
> in elisp. Well, that is not true! ;)

The problem with your code is that it doesn't correctly handle hidden text,
display properties (stretchable spaces, images, ...), proportional fonts,
faces that change the font size, line wrapping, ...

Emacs-CVS has a function that works correctly even in the face of the
above thingies.  It's called posn-at-point.

        Stefan