Re: Byte-Compile Error: End of file during parsing

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Byte-Compile Error: End of file during parsing
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:08:25 -0500

   I have a few files that I'm trying to byte compile, my
   libraries and those of other people), but I keep
   getting 'Error: End of file during parsing'.  I'm
   tring to hunt down what's causing it, but I don't
   really know enough about elisp to be very successful.
   What sorts of things can cause such an error,

Missing right parens.

   and are
   there any easier ways to track them down then by
   reading through the source code?

Break the code roughly in half and use `eval-region' on half of it.
(You must be very rough with your code when it is behaving like this.)

If this succeeds, grow region by half of the remaining space and use
`eval-region' again.  If it fails, shrink region by half and use
`eval-region' again.  Continue until you have found the offending
(overlarge) form.