Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: JS
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:24:22 +0200

Tim X wrote:

> JS <d44sf@44ada.com> writes:
>
>> Quokka wrote:

>>> I use tabbar mode, this provides a nice graphical display
>>> of the buffers and provides functions for next buffer
>>> and prev buffer.
>>>
>>> link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/emhacks/
>>>

>>> Paul
>>

>> Could you give a short explanation on how to make it work?
>> I have made this in my .emacs file:
>>
>> (require 'tabbar)
>>
>> But when I restart emacs I get this error:
>>

>> An error has occurred while loading `/home/johs/.emacs':
>>
>> File error: "Cannot open load file", "tabbar"
>>
>> To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause
>> of the error in your initialization file and remove it.  Start
>> Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error
>> backtrace
>>
>> ------------------------
>>
>> I have placed the tabbar.el file in my load path.
>>

> check your load-path variable is correct. C-h load-path <ret>
> check you have the correct read mode/permissions on the file
>
> Tim

Ok I found out that I needed to press C-h v "load-path". I get a big list of
all my load-paths and all my .el files are in one of them sp that should be
ok.

As I wrote before my setnu.el mode is working so I compared the permissions
with that for tabbar and they are the same.

So its in my load path and the permissions should be ok...what could else be
the problem?