Re: Mis-features of let

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Mis-features of let
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:55:20 -0400

In article <1113892700.139927.168000@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "rgb" <rbielaws@i1.net> wrote:

> Do you now see what I'm getting at?  Only the lifetime of the value
> cell is predictable on a symbol within a let.  That makes the other
> cells unsafe to touch because their lifetime is unpredictable.

The lifetimes of the other cells are totally unaffected by the the let,
and nothing in the manual ever suggests that they would be.  It doesn't
say they aren't, but it also doesn't say that let doesn't print
anything.  Like I said in an earlier post, it's not necessary to list
all the things that an operator doesn't do, since there are an infinite
number of things it doesn't do.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA