Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 04:07:22 -0600

   > the idea is to live in emacs when possible (i.e., all the time).

   I do (Except for w3, which never get to work. )

The standard response to this is "use emacs/w3m". (emacs-w3m.namazu.org)

Personally, probably because I'm habituated to it, I find it easier to
use Lynx with emacsclient for browsing and editing webforms
(respectively).  Maybe I should make a concerted effort to switch to
w3m though.

Another extreme possibility would be to use html2text or 'lynx -dump'
(or something similar) as one's primary "browser" and various scripts
and special modes for uploading.

But in any event there are those %$!* sites that neither the OTB nor
w3m (nor html2text) can handle.  If you live in Emacs all the time,
you'll be living without these pages.