Re: ispell for windows xp

From: Akira Kakuto
Subject: Re: ispell for windows xp
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:14:20 GMT

"Tim Johnson" <tim@johnsons-web.com> wrote in message
113bkc3gijiv3d1@news.supernews.com">news:113bkc3gijiv3d1@news.supernews.com...
Please define an environment variable ISPELLDICTDIR with
a value c:/downloads/ispell/ispell-w32/dic :
ISPELLDICTDIR=c:/downloads/ispell/ispell-w32/dic
Thank you Akira:

That was what I needed. Now ispell works.
I must ask one more question while I am at it, since I mostly work on linux.

Am I correct in assuming that on linux, I will set the same environment
variable to the path to the ispell dictionary?

No it is not correct. That variable is not used in usual version.
DICTIONARY (full path to the default dictionary) can be used
in all versions:
DICTIONARY=/usr/share/ispell/english.hash