RE: Carbon emacs - frame too big for minibuffer can't resize window

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Carbon emacs - frame too big for minibuffer can't resize window
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:50:06 -0800

    > Have you tried to customize `height' in `default-frame-alist'? To make
    > the Emacs frame fit on my 15 inch monitor I have set `height' to 39.

    (setq default-frame-alist '((width . 100) (height . 38)))

Also:

1. Interactively move and resize a frame, to get what you want as the
default size and location.

2. Use command ‘set-all-frame-alist-parameters-from-frame’ to update your
‘default-frame-alist’. This command is available in library frame-cmds.el
(http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/frame-cmds.el).

3. Use Customize to save the value of ‘default-frame-alist’ for future Emacs
sessions.

See also:

 - http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Shrink-Wrapping_Frames
 - Libraries fit-frame.el and autofit-frame.el:
   . http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/fit-frame.el
   . http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/autofit-frame.el