Re: Compiling Emacs with GTK

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Compiling Emacs with GTK
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:29:23 +0200

> From: August <fusionfive@comhem.se>
> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 02:40:38 +0100
>
> > There is a excellent windows binary cvs emacs
> > distribution available at
> > http://nqmacs.sourceforge.net/. Its the best windows
> > emacs ever.
>
> Unfortunately, this release "still" uses the old-style scrollbar. What
> we want is a Windows XP scrollbar in Windows XP.

Currently, the Emacs development team includes ZERO Windows
developers, i.e. people who can and do devote their free time to
maintaining the Windows port of Emacs.

So whoever ``we'' are, they should volunteer to help in developing the
Windows port rather than complain.  Such volunteers are welcome to
start submitting patches to emacs-devel@gnu.org, and in time ask to
become part of the project, get write access to the CVS tree, etc.

TIA