Re: umlauts (8bit characters) input

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: umlauts (8bit characters) input
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:21:37 +0100

Am 02.02.2005 um 15:59 schrieb Ismael Valladolid Torres:

However I achieved compiling CVS Emacs as a Carbon app and worked lovely.

Compiling nowadays even works in Xcode. I can easily believe that you don't have problems to type and read in a Latin script, this works because the fonts and fontsets are made to support mac-roman encoding. So everything's fine. But try to create file names with accented characters from the mac-roman range and look if you see them correctly, in Emacs and in Finder! The file names are encoded in UTF-8, that's the standard in Mac OS X (and modern Linux).

--
Greetings

  Pete