dired "midnight commander" view?

From: Joakim Verona
Subject: dired "midnight commander" view?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:45:55 +0100

Hello,

I'm looking for something like a "midnight commander" like view for
dired, if something like that exists.

I find it can be convenient for file-sorting tasks.

I made a small kbd macro that did the most important part, move files
from the "left" frame to the "right".

There are other things that usually are convenient in this kind of
file manager, and that could be emulated in emacs, switching left and
right frame, keeping the buffer layout and things like that.

There are other things that are very convenient in dired, like wdired,
so I dont want a complete replacement, just some convenient add-ons.

--
Joakim Verona
www.verona.se