Costumising the colours in Dired

From: Andreas Christiansen
Subject: Costumising the colours in Dired
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:21:40 +0100

Dired is kind enough to display the LaTeX files you don't want to keep (.aux, .log, etc) in a different colour, while the .tex files are displayed using the ordinary colour. That makes it easy to clean up all unwanted files.

However, the .pdf files is displayed in the same colour as the files you want to remove, while the .ps files are displayed using the ordinary colour. I want to swap colour for these two types of files. How do I do that?

After "clean up" I am only interested in keeping .tex and .pdf .

Andreas Christiansen
Dept. of Mathematics
Stord/Haugesund University College