Can a face have different attributes in different buffers?

From: Yevgeniy Makarov
Subject: Can a face have different attributes in different buffers?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:22:13 -0500

Hello,

I have the following question. Judging by the fact that the function which
sets an attribute of some face (set-face-attribute) takes a frame as an
argument, it is not possible to have different buffers in one frame with
different values of the same attribute. Is it so? For example, can I have
comments of different colors (attribute :foreground of face
font-lock-comment-face) in different buffers of the same frame?

Thank you,
Yevgeniy