[cygwin] win32 path helpers?

From: Thomas L Roche
Subject: [cygwin] win32 path helpers?
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:15:24 -0500

Can win32 paths be made palatable to cygwin emacs? Why I ask:

I use the emacs provided by cygwin. Its interactive find-file (etc)
expects a cygwin path, e.g.

/d/eclipse/devspaces/abbots/abbot.swt/doc/swt/patchingSWT.txt

Unfortunately I often hafta use paths from native win32 apps, like

d:\eclipse\devspaces\abbots\abbot.swt\doc\swt\patchingSWT.txt

which find-file etc disdain; to make win32 paths usable I need to run
'cygpath' in a shell buffer (or just manually edit in the minibuffer,
if the path is short). Is there code I can install that will obviate
the need for such massage, allowing me to just paste a win32 path into
the minibuffer?