Re: cscope

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: cscope
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:34:28 +0100

    Ravi> Hi, I am unable to use cscope with emacs.  I was able to load the
    Ravi> cscope.el file, but on searching it fails to display any results (says
    Ravi> cscope: 0 lines).  How does one specify the path to cscope.out file.

I have to guess because you do not give more information:

- The cscope database has to be in the same directory or you have to tweak
  `cscope-master-info-table' as described in the documentation.

- You're using xcscope (it's in the contrib subdirectory of the cscope sources)
  and not cscope (which I think you should anyway!).  Is the cscope-indexer
  script in your path? If not, xcscope wasn't properly installed for your Emacs.

  If you work on Windoze, you need a bash shell to make this script work. I used
  to use it with Cygwin. Googling will give you some hints.

So I would switch to xcscope and if you tell me more, I'll try to help...

    Ravi> Similar case with gid too.

What's that?

There is also GNU Global...

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

He looked a shade too healthy and nobody likes that. Particularly in
New York.

Friedman, Kinky (1993), Greenwich Killing Time. New York (Wings
Books), 42