Re: swbuff & regular expressions question

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: swbuff & regular expressions question
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:55:21 +0100

"Dreamer" <fat_carlos@hotmail.com> writes:

> can someone write me the regular expression that will filter all
> *something* but except *Man something*???

What should the regexp match?  List the positive cases:

*, then up to four characters, then *
*, then a character that isn't M, then anything, then *
*M, then a character that isn't a, then anything, then *
*Ma, then a character that isn't n, then anything, then *

I think you can complete the list yourself.

Kai