Re: Syntax Highlighting Latency in Emacs

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: Syntax Highlighting Latency in Emacs
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:38:05 GMT

>>>> jab3  writes:

    jab3> I'm also interested in figuring out (maybe
    jab3> with regular expressions) a way to make Emacs emulate another vim
feature
    jab3> that I do like: highlighting control characters in quoted strings in
a C
    jab3> file.  For instance, in printf("Hello %s\n", name); I would like the
%s and
    jab3> \n highlighted in a different color from the normal string quote
color.

Do you mean like
M-x highlight-regexp [ret] \%s
M-x highlight-regexp [ret] \\n

C-x w h

Or do you mean something more permanent?  You could probably use
highlight-regexp in conjunction with one of the font-lock
callbacks... But there's probably a better way.