Re: global info in mode line

From: Albert Reiner
Subject: Re: global info in mode line
Date: 13 Dec 2004 18:15:41 +0100

[Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com>, Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:59:29 -0700]:
> > Line"; my solution was to modify default-mode-line-format.
>
> Better would be to add an entry to minor-mode-alist that indicates the
> current Y-Z status.

Thanks for the hint; indeed, that would be much cleaner.  The only
problem is: Because of my usage patterns the Y-Z-Status matters most
when sending mails with Gnus, but with (display-time) and on a console
most of the mode indicators do not fit into the 80 characters, and my
indicator becomes invisible.  The default-mode-line-format allows me
to put the indicator to the far left where it is always visible.

Thanks again,

Albert.