Re: X11 Mac OS X 10.3 emacs fink: only terminal?

From: D P Schreber
Subject: Re: X11 Mac OS X 10.3 emacs fink: only terminal?
Date: 13 Dec 2004 16:46:10 GMT

On 2004-12-13, Emar <e.maier@phil.kun.nl> wrote:
>> Did you install the X11 developer package as well?
>
> yeah, downloaded and installed (some components of) XCode 1.5 (I'll
> re-install it to see if I missed something)

Everything else looks good to me, so this seems like the place to focus.
I'm pretty sure the X11 dev tools are not in the default set of what
gets installed with XCode: you have to select it explicitly.  If it
wasn't installed, then your build from sources wouldn't include X11
support, since the configure step wouldn't have found the include files
etc.  I would have expected to fink to complain in this case, but I've
forgotten some of the details of how fink works (I gave up on it some
months ago).

> and then I use xdvi (with emacs/latex) under X11 so I couldnt get rid
> of X11 anyway

Got it.  I just wanted to be sure you were aware of the carbon option.