Re: The right [Alt]

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: The right [Alt]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:23:11 +0100

"Sanda" <wang.hua@yeah.net> writes:

> When I am working on the console the right alt key doesn't work ,
> only the left works.  There is not such problem from a remote
> terminal.

Please press Alt-x using the left alt key, then again using the right
alt key.  Then type C-h l.  What does Emacs show?

(Do it on the console and from a remote terminal and provide both
outputs for comparison.)

I think that Emacs isn't seeing the right events from the console, so
you'll have to configure your console to send the right events.  We'll
need more detail, such as the OS, to help you with that.

Kai