Re: elisp: set-register

From: V. L. Simpson
Subject: Re: elisp: set-register
Date: 15 Nov 2004 17:13:58 -0600

    > Hello, I am having difficulty understanding the
    > set-register function.  When I try: (set-register ?p
    > (current-window-configuration))

    > in a function run by my .emacs file, it does not appear to
    > work, nor does it appear to cause an error.

After playing around I came up with this:

(set-register ?p
        (list (current-window-configuration) (point)))

'set-register' wants a list: the window config and a buffer
position

'C-h v register-alist' for some other values you can pass along to
set-register.

Good question.  I've been wanting to do something with
set-register myself but never futzed with it until now.

vls