Re: Undefined color error

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Undefined color error
Date: 05 Nov 2004 11:55:43 +0100

Ken Keefe <kaje@digitalfamily.org> writes:
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
> > /usr/share/emacs/21.3/etc/rgb.txt
>
> I checked these files and both have RGB definitions for black. Any other
> ideas? I recently ran a java program at the command line and received
> the same error, so it seems to not be merely an emacs problem...

Then, check whether it's well configured in /etc/X11/XF86Config
(assuming you're using a XFree X server). There should be a section
such as:

Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
EndSection

(the extension should not be provided, because it can be .txt or .db).
Which makes me think that perhaps the file format of rgb.txt is more
precise.  My file has spaces between (or after) numbers, and two
tabulations before the name:

255 250 250^I^Isnow
248 248 255^I^Ighost white
252 252 252 ^I^Igrey99
255 255 255 ^I^Igray100
255 255 255 ^I^Igrey100

You may check quickly with: cat -t /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__