Re: CC-mode indentation after macros

From: Star Watcher
Subject: Re: CC-mode indentation after macros
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:15:58 +0200

If you're lucky enough to be using gcc's cpp preprocessor, I suggest you
take a look at its powerful "variadic macros" extensions.
Among other things, it will allow you to write elegant things like that:

#ifdef DEBUG
#define PRINTF(_X_,_ARGS_...)    printf(_X_,## _ARGS_)
#else
#define PRINTF(_X_,_ARGS_...)    do{}while(0)
#endif

/*...*/
void foo(void)
{
  PRINTF("Debug print");
}

This will both avoid breaking cc-mode's indentation scheme AND make the code
look better (IMHO).
The do{}while(0) statement does not generate warnings with gcc -Wall, I
wonder if it fools lint also.
There are other C preprocessors that also support variadic macros... (see
manual)
--
Laurent

87oeiz16lf.fsf@helmut.nilsson.homedns.org">news:87oeiz16lf.fsf@helmut.nilsson.homedns.org...