Re: Copying Syntax Highlighting to MS-Word?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Copying Syntax Highlighting to MS-Word?
Date: 08 Oct 2004 11:44:26 +0200

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> > Is there a way to copy the colors displayed with syntax highlighting
> > to MS-Word?
>
> Maybe you can export HTML using htmlize.el and import it in MS-Word?
> I don't know if MS-Word is capable of importing HTML.  This procedure
> at least works with StarOffice (which is able to save as *.doc).

Yes, that works. I do that as a workaround for getting
font-locked text from Emacs into Outlook, using a
combination of elisp and vbscript. It is a very ugly hack
and it only works sometimes:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=w32-fontified-region-to-clipboard&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

Tha hack places (or tries to, as I said it works some of the
times) on the clipboard so that you can paste it somewhere.

/Mathias