ls-lisp.el not supporting ls -ld format?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: ls-lisp.el not supporting ls -ld format?
Date: 09 Jul 2004 14:11:32 +0200

I might be mistaken, but when looking at the ls-lisp.el file
it seems that the Emacs' internal ls implementation does not
support the -ld switches needed by dired. Isn't this
strange? The reason I'm fiddling with this, btw, is that I
am trying to write a new function that can replace
find-dired on Windows platforms when find and ls does not
exist. I have a working version using cmd.exe's "for"
command, but I am still dependent on a natively compiled
version of ls. If I could use ls-lisp.el to use the output
from "for" (basically a list of file names, including path)
to produce output that dired-mode likes.

If anyone is interested in the code, I can post it here too.

Mathias Dahl