Re: Red `*' in *info* menus?

From: Ryan Bowman
Subject: Re: Red `*' in *info* menus?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

> > From the Expert node of the Info manual:
>
> >|    If your display supports multiple fonts, and
> you are using Emacs'
> >| Info mode to read Info files, the `*' for the
> fifth menu item stands
> >| out, either in color or in some other attribute,
> such as underline, and
> >| so is the `*' for the ninth item; this makes it
> easy to see at a glance
> >| which number to use for an item.

So why doesn't it do this in my emacs?  The face is
defined, and my display supports multiple fonts (at
least I assume it does), but all the stars are the
same color.
Emacs 21.3.50.1

=====
---
Ryan

The door at the end of the tunnel is far too small...
 - Closing In 2.0 - Don't Be Afraid - Information Society - insoc.org
---