'Info' var failure

From: Mike Ballard
Subject: 'Info' var failure
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:51:19 GMT

Hi -

Sometimes (often?) C-h C-i, when mark/point are on a valid var, Info will
search and open the appropriate section.  But I just tried that with
"gnus-summary-mode-line-format" while gnus was running and it failed to
return anything.  Running "s" in Gnu's Info section takes me right to the
var.  Is there a way to get Info/Emacs to call up that Info page without
having entered Info first (for gnus)?

Mike
--

mikeballard at verizon dot net

  "If your main parachute fouls, deploy your reserve.  If your reserve is
   also fouled, you have the rest of your life to get it straightened out."