Re: loading site start before .emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: loading site start before .emacs
Date: 18 May 2004 01:08:46 +0200

Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:

> Is it possible (and are there any issues) to make the site startup
> files load before .emacs?
>
> the desktop package seems to have problems with a lot of things if they
> are not being loaded before desktop-read is called (I had issues with
> ecp and now with preview-latex).

What issues?  preview-latex should work fine with desktop as long as
the respective autoloads for AUCTeX (in tex-site.el) and
preview-latex have already been defined.  This is not about _loading_
those packages, but about providing the necessary load information
when desktop-read decides to call upon them.