file locked after system crash

From: Torbjorn Hergum
Subject: file locked after system crash
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:01:58 +0200

Hi

After a system crash emacs tells me that the file I try to edit is loced by another user (which happens to be myself) on another ip-address, which happens because I use dhcp and do not always get the same ip-address back after a reboot/crash.

Does anyone know where the lock-files reside, so that I can delete them (manually) after a crash?

Thanks

Torbjørn