Editing Live Wiki Pages?

From: Eric Eide
Subject: Editing Live Wiki Pages?
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 08:14:00 -0600 (MDT)

Is there an Emacs major mode for editing "live" Wiki pages --- something that
works with Wikis that aren't "local" and that aren't being served by Emacs
itself?

This seems like a question that I should be able to figure out for myself, but
after looking through the online Emacs-for-Wiki materials that I could find
(and there is a lot!) I still came up short.  I found modes that know about
Wiki markup, and modes for working on local Wikis, and modes for turning Emacs
into a Wiki server itself --- but nothing that claimed to be able to edit pages
that live on remote Wiki servers.

I'm just now getting started with Wikis, and I'm thinking about setting up a
Wiki for collaboration within my research group.  But we would really like to
edit Wiki pages in a way that doesn't suck.

Thank you for any pointers!

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX