bind to M-"

From: Dave Yuill
Subject: bind to M-"
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:34:05 -0300

Hi everyone,

My lisp experience consists mostly of copy/paste -> modify so forgive me if this is a silly question. I would like to bind a command to M-". I've tried things like..

(global-set-key "\M-"" 'my-function) ;; obviously shouldn't work

and

(global-set-key [\M-"] 'my-function) ;; End of file during parsing error

.. to no avail. Could some kind soul please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
-Dave

PS: FWIW I'm running cvs emacs on Mac OS 10.3.3