Re: [Workaround] loading ecb-mode from desktop.el messes .emacs

From: Micha Feigin
Subject: Re: [Workaround] loading ecb-mode from desktop.el messes .emacs
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 02:33:00 +0300

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 06:29:31PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> When ecb is activated through desktop.el (an active desktop session was
> closed with ecb-active), when next opening emacs it will remove
> custom-set-variables and custom-set-faces from my .emacs and inhibit
> some of the settings from loading (for example tabbar doesn't load
> automatically in this settings).
>
> Any ideas on what the problem is or how to solve or find it?

I found the cause of the problem, no immediate solution, just a work
around.

ecb tip of the day seems to be stopping the processing of the startup
files at some point (not sure if at the point where ecb is activated or
not yet).

disabling tip of the day before loading desktop (and thus starting ecb
by activating the mode) solves the problem for now.

I am guessing this is an ecb bug then?