Re: ECB question...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ECB question...
Date: 29 Apr 2004 08:03:14 +0200

> From: "Javier Oviedo" <email_joviedo@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:17:01 -0400
>
> Sometimes, when trying to use the completion buffer to finish a command when
> I'm typing using M-x "some-command", the completion buffer is opened in one
> of the ecb windows. I find this rather annoying. The normal
> behavior(assuming one is not using ECB) is for it to split the current
> window. In the case of ECB, I'd like the window splitting(from completions
> or for whatever else) to ignore the ecb windows and only split/change the
> main edit window. How can I accomplish this?

Not exactly what you wanted, but perhaps a solution nonetheless: you
can arrange for Emacs to pop up the completions buffer in a separate
frame.  That way, completions never mess with your window
configuration, in or outside of ECB.

To see how to arrange for that, read the documentation of the variable
special-display-buffer-names.