Windows text files saved as Unix files

From: Feghhi, Jalil
Subject: Windows text files saved as Unix files
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:57:10 -0800

I just installed the Windows versions of emacs and when I edit text files on my
Windows they are saved with unix-stype linefeeds. When I open these files, I
see Unix at the left hand side of the buffer too.

I searched for some time and found several articles on this but nothing that
could help me. How can I fix this problem? Also, why the default installation
for Windows is like this?

Thanks for the help.

-Jalil
ps. Please reply to my email address as I am not part of the mailing list yet.