seg fault with yesterdays cvs-emacs on fedore test

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: seg fault with yesterdays cvs-emacs on fedore test
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:55:02 -0600

I wonderedi if this problem has come up here before but don't see it
recent posts.

I'm running a beta version of Fedora linux (formerly redhat).  version
is 1.90 test.

I didn't bother installing its version of emacs and meant to build it
from source as I usually do.  During the build I used only the basic
commands with no special flags.

./configure
make bootstrap

Make bootstarp ends with an error but since I'm not the good with
`make' and that whole process It doesn't give enough feed back to
allow me to trace it down.  I hoped someone here might recognize it.

By the way, the released tarball from gnu.org does the same error on
 `make' (emacs-21.3.tar.gz) so it doesn't appear to be a cvs problem.

More like something about the beta envirenment I'm building in.

So this sequence:
  make distclean
  ./configure
  make bootstrap

Produces this error:
 [...]
 Finding pointers to doc strings...
 Finding pointers to doc strings...done
 Dumping under names emacs and emacs-21.3.50
 make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Segmentation fault
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cvs/emacs/src'
 make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

There must be more to this somewhere way back in the make output.
I'm posting the whole shebang from a captured `screen' session at
   www.jtan.com/~reader/make_out.txt