Re: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 20 January through Friday 23 January, 2004: Perl,

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 20 January through Friday 23 January, 2004: Perl, LWE, K. Knopper at NYLUG, Gale Brewer at BOF, Howard Elmer at MuSIG
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:02:06 +0000

secretary@lxny.org wrote on 20 Jan 2004 04:38:38 -0500:
> This week there are many events, of various scales and kinds.

> This message is a portmanteau announcement, and contains notices of several
> different events.

[ .... ]

This post was around 630 lines long.  Although it is surely of some
interest to some readers of gnu.emacs.help, it is utterly off-topic here
(containing not one reference to Emacs).

Am I alone in thinking that such massively long announcements are
inappropriate here?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter