sql mode and displaying the programs output...

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: sql mode and displaying the programs output...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:00:48 -0800

I've been using sql-mode for some time now (with MySQL) and love it. I've
used it on both Windows and FreeBSD (sadly I do most of my work on Windows
though) and have noticed that the output the prompt and output on the
windows machine isn't displayed. So when I start a SQL session in emacs I
would normall see (in *nix):

Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 4.0.11-gamma-max-nt

mysql> create database forestco;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.05 sec)

mysql>

Normally this would be a big deal, But I'm writing a workbook where I need
to cut-n-paste lots of the intermediate steps and I'm using emacs to edit my
text. Is there some way to alter the settings in emacs to make sure I see
the "intermediate" output from MySQL on Windows.

Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann
Forest Informatics, Inc.