Re: emacs doesn't use the X clipboard

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: emacs doesn't use the X clipboard
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:13:32 +0100

ML> LEE Sau Dan <danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> writes:
>> I'm not sure if this is platform or X-server dependent.  But I have
>> to add that in the past few years, I've been working on
>> XFree86/Linux.  XFree86 versions 3.6, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2.  Linux
>> versions 2.2, 2.4.

ML> I am not sure, but the Window Manager too (KDE, Gnome, wmaker,
ML> ...)  may be relevant for the clipboard management.

KDE &  Gnome are not  window managers and  so they could  interfere (i
don't know, I don't need desktops along with other things).

I'm using WindowMaker since 1995  on Solaris and Linux (that means two
different X11 implementations) and the  X clipboard worked in the same
way it worked when I used mwm, twm, fvwm and afterstep before.

Just my little 3 cents coin.

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/