Re: Killing Buffers

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: Re: Killing Buffers
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:51:36 GMT

Brian Palmer wrote:
Bruce Ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.NO-SPAM.com> writes:
I have merged recent posts of buffer killing code

Interesting; I doubt I'll use these, since I'm relatively content with
just C-x C-b and marking all the buffers to delete

Nice, except that it takes more keystrokes, and won't close windows nor frames. CUA compliance always helps.

like (I release any part belonging to me into the public domain, if
possible, and license it for any and all use if not).

This code alone is too trivial to copyright. Both ways you describe are public domain. In any case, this code will be available via the GPL at <url: http://emacro.sf.net/ >

(defun kill-all-other-buffer-frames (&optional prefix)

Thanks for pointing out inelegancies in the code. Unfortunately, your changes always leave the *scratch* buffer, and never the current buffer. :(