c-hanging-braces-alist customization shows no syntactic symbols

From: Stephanos Piperoglou
Subject: c-hanging-braces-alist customization shows no syntactic symbols
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:48:43 +0200

GNU Emacs 21.3 / Windows 2000 + CygWin

I'm trying to customize my c-hanging-braces-alist and custom doesn't show the list of syntactic symbols correctly. See below for a snippet of what I get when I M-x customize-variable c-hanging-braces-alist. As you can see custom has trouble getting these symbols, and I can find nowhere where the entire list is mentioned and documented. I don't mind hacking my .emacs file by hand for these (in fact I'd rather define my own c-style, as this is meant for use with JDE), so my question really is where can I get a list of syntactic symbols that apply to c-hanging-braces-alist?

Is this a known issue in 21.3? Is it fixed in the devel branch?

( ) Override style settings:
   [ ] nil                 : Choice Newline [ ] before, [ ] after brace
[...]
  State: this option has been set and saved.