RE: System-wide problem with backup files

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: System-wide problem with backup files
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:26:23 -0600

Nancy Wrote:

> It only saves the original backup file, but no other changes when the file is edited subsequently.

I have noticed that when I open a file for editing the file is copied to the backup file, as long as I keep editing the file no matter how many time I save it the backup file does not change.  If I save the file and close it, then re-open it a new backup file is created.  Could this be what happened on your system?

-_

J_)

C_)ingham

.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality Assurance

.    Austin, TX

. “Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.

.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.”     -Dr. George W. Crane-