Re: highlight current window/modeline after switching to it

From: François Fleuret
Subject: Re: highlight current window/modeline after switching to it
Date: 19 Nov 2003 13:43:02 +0100

Hi people,

Chris McMahan wrote on 18 Nov 2003 22:12:35 MET:

> e-other-window can be found at:
> http://relativity.yi.org/el/e-other-window.el

> ;;; map it to the standard keybinding to swith windows
> (defun cm-other-window ()
>   (interactive)
>   (other-window 1)
>   (e-other-window-blink)
>   )
> (global-set-key "\C-xo" 'cm-other-window)

Isn't it precisely what e-other-window does ?

Btw, I had this problem several times already: what is the standard
way to change one window background color ? In e-other-window, they
use an overlay to change the color of the face. The problem with that
solution is that it changes the color of non-empty lines only ...
(which lead to ugliness such as *modifying* empty buffer by inserting
a '\n', cf. e-other-window-blink).

Regards,

--
François Fleuret