Re: window-vscroll broken?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: window-vscroll broken?
Date: 14 Nov 2003 01:44:28 +0100

Greg Hill <ghill@synergymicro.com> writes:

> I am trying to use the function window-vscroll in Emacs 21.2.2, and
> all it ever returns is 0.  Does anyone know if it is just broken, or
> am I doing something wrong?

Why should it return anything else unless you have set it to a value
different from 0?  It will only ever return something different from
0 if you have set it yourself (with set-window-vscroll) or if Emacs
has moved to the end of a buffer with a line at the top of the window
that is so tall that it can't be displayed completely.