Re: mouse wheel only in 1st window?

From: Rainer Volz
Subject: Re: mouse wheel only in 1st window?
Date: 6 Nov 2003 23:59:50 -0800

Dan Anderson (dan@mathjunkies.com) wrote
>Did you turn the mouse wheel on in your .emacs?

Mouse-wheel-mode was enabled, if I disable it, the behaviour is the
same.

jasonr (Jason Rumney) @  f2s.com wrote
> What does C-h k [mouse-wheel] say? Some mouse drivers, especially for
> laptop touchpads on MS-Windows, try to simulate a drag of the scroll
> bar instead of sending the default mouse-wheel event. This is
> annoying, because such drivers make the assumption that a frame only
> has one vertical scroll-bar, and Emacs can do nothing about it.

Emacs says:
<vertical-scroll-bar> <mouse-1> (translated from <mouse-1>) runs the
command scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `scroll-bar'.
It is bound to <vertical-scroll-bar> <mouse-1>.
(scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll EVENT)
Not documented.

Looks like it is the touchpad driver, not Emacs.
Thank you.