Output in Emacs

From: Dirk Joos
Subject: Output in Emacs
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:15:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm working with GNU-Emacs and I want to know how I can print the content of a variable in the current buffer of emacs. What is the command?

Here an example:

(defun zahl()
(interactive)
(let ( (k 1) )
;at this place I want to print the content
;of the variable k in the actual buffer at the current
;cursorposition. In emacs the result should be 1 on the screen
)
)

This is just an example. I just want to know how I can print the content of a variable on the screen.

Thank you very much

Dirk