Re: Example using x-popup-menu needed

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Example using x-popup-menu needed
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:07:10 GMT

> This is for public consumption. I tried C-M-g, but Emacs
> seems to think that this is the same as M-g (or C-g, can't
> remember which)

After the years you've spent in this newsgroup, you should know better:
it's the text terminal you're using that thinks it's a good idea to send
the same byte-sequence to Emacs in the two cases.  Emacs can't do anything
about it.  But if you use a windowing system, the problem should disappear.

> S-C-g nor S-M-g don't seem to distinguish, either.

You mean C-G and M-G ?  Same thing (except that M-G is downgraded to M-g
by Emacs if there's no binding for M-G).

> I reckon that leaves "C-c g" as a global binding.

-- Stefan "who overloads C-s for that"